Friday, April 13, 2012

Spice Market Still Going Strong

New Yorkers are alway trying to hit up the new hot spot. Whether it's for dining, drinks or just for the scene - there is always something on the horizon. Going to that early bird special or the midnight reservation just to get a table! I often succumb to such ridiculous behavior so I can experience and spread the word to everyone you know. I recall having this urge ever since starting my media buyer job where as you know, dining is the best part. Spice Market was the new meat packing it spot and I couldn't wait to test it out.  Failed attempts at getting there lead me to just simply forget about it and it soon became just another restaurant. As my 30th birthday just came around I tried thinking of some of those missed locations. Spice Market it is ! With my entire work team and fellow industry friends headed downtown I anxiously awaited lunch. 

The decor alone made me want to just spend the afternoon and relax sipping an exotic tea from India. The barely English speaking, yet kind waitress helped us choose our apps and food. I love a good sharing style, so we rattled off the pork, lamb,chicken and everything you can imagine dishes. 

The empanadas dish was tasty an delicious with an awesome cilantro lime dipping sauce.


The vindaloo pork dish was so filling. Layers of meat veggies and plethora of sauce to dump the fried rice in. 



I can't wait to go back here with friends and maybe sit in a fancy downstairs lounge table. Although it might not be the newest spot in the ever so changing city, I have certainly found a special place for spice market.

No comments:

Post a Comment