Monday, April 16, 2012

CATCH





Catch was a MUST HIT place according to my fellow food lovers. It pains me to say this, but I wanted to love it so much more. The space was phenomenal with a rustic feel with the exposed brick yet new age see in kitchen. Our darling waiter, wish I remembered his name was so amazing. So helpful with picking champagne and recommending his fave dishes.

Some highlights...


 The pretzel bread was insanely tasty and loved that as a different bread option!


Crispy Shrimp spicy mayo. This was great and a way bigger portion than I would have thought.


Macaroni & Lobster Cream mascarpone, breadcrumbs. Was not a fan of this dish. Maybe the mascarpone was overpowering, but just too many flavors competing. 

(from top to bottom) Catch Roll, Hudson Roll, Hellfire Roll

Had a taste of my sig others swordfish which was fine, but was not in love with my sushi rolls. Maybe it was a bad night but sushi was not fresh and really disappointing. I'm not here to be a hater but had to blog about this place bc I want to know what your signature dishes are? Maybe they haven't discovered them yet but please do tell. We had an overall pleasurable evening with my man on my birthday evening but would love to try it again with some better pointers and direction. Thanks food friends!




Tiramisu espresso granita lady finger croutons. yUM! Happy Birthday to me :)

Robert and myself celebrating my big 3-0!





http://emmgroupinc.com/restaurants/catch/

No comments:

Post a Comment